Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Publix

Ok, honestly, when I first went into Publix, my thought was this: "This is a rich, snobby person's store!" Fast forward about a year when someone actually explained to me how to shop at Publix, and now it rivals Kroger for my FAVORITE grocery store!!

Publix is wonderful. That's all I have to say! No, not really, but they are WONDERFUL! Their Customer Service is fantastic! I've even written into corporate for an extremely POSITIVE experience with a CSM - that's a first for me! Which, by the way, you should do. Employees will have a greater motivation to do nice and wonderful things for you when they know you appreciate it and especially when someone higher up gives them a pat on the back for a job well done!

Publix has a few rules, but they're rules I actually LIKE to follow! ;-)

1. Publix's big sales are BOGOs. They circle through a lot of top quality products and put them BOGO. In our local area, BOGOs are really 50% off (shhh don't tell them I told you so!). I know in FL the BOGOs are like they are at the drug stores (Buy one full price get one free).

2. You can stack a MQ with a Publix Q. No restrictions!

3. Publix doubles Qs up to .50 - EVEN IF THE ITEM IS LESS THAN THE AMOUNT DOUBLED!!

4. Publix accepts competitors Qs....Our local one only accepts Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, and Food Depot, but there are ones who will accept Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc. One exception: If it is a x/x.xx of anything, they will not honor it. It has to be for a specific product.

5. Our Publix allows overage - when your coupon amount exceeds the amount of the item :-)

6. Coupon overage can be applied to tax.

7. When Publix doubles a coupon, their half takes off of the taxed amount. The same thing with store coupons.

8. Publix sales run from Wednesday - Tuesday locally.....some stores run Thursday - Wednesday.

I'll give some examples of Publix shopping trips and why they are SOOO amazing!

Bought:
10 Yakisoba noodles .79 = $7.90
1 Gallon milk 2.99 - $2.99
Total = $10.89
I used (10) .50/1 Yakisoba noddle MQs - they doubled to $1/1 which gave me overage of .21/1
My total after tax was $1.07 - less than if I had gone in to buy the milk alone which I desperately needed!

Before I have bough canned cat food on sale 3/$1 so the first rings up as .34 then .33
Buy 2 = .67
Use one BOGO MQ
They put it in as .33, so it automatically doubles up to .66
Total is .01 plus tax!

Right after Christmas I went in and bought 8 Clorox wipes 35 count @ 2/$4 (normally like $3ish) = $16
I used (4) Publix Store Coupons $2/2 (minus $8)
I also stacked with that 6 $1/1 (some from inserts, some IPs) (minus $6)
I also used (2) .75/1 IP (minus $1.50)
Total = .50 plus tax for 8 Clorox wipes cans!!! I have 3 little boys so VERY handy!

On this one, I did not know what was happening!:
Bought (2) Dove Deodorants on sale BOGO $2.49 = $2.49
Used (1) $3/2 Dove Coupon = -$3.00
After tax, my total came to -.33! The manager came over and GAVE ME .33 out of the register! How awesome is that?? Yes, they do get compensated for it, because they send that $3 MQ in and get $3 plus .08 handling fee for it :-)

Therefore, we can all thoroughly conclude that Mindy LOVES PUBLIX!!!!! You just have to work the sales, coupons, and policies all together :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment