Sunday, January 16, 2011

How Spending Money On Your Internet Saves You More Money!

When I was looking over any way to cut costs, I started thinking, "Do we really NEED our internet?" The answer to that is : NO - we don't NEED it. Is it a valuable, irreplaceable tool though? YES!!!

One way, is through Swagbucks like I mentioned earlier. Another way is through Survey sites (which are coming, I promise!). But, one very big way is through sales. Also, if it weren't for the internet, I never would have learned to coupon the way I did.

A very good example of this: We needed hair clippers because ours had giving out, and I cut all 3 boys' hair, my husband's hair, and I recently started cutting a friend's hair. Clippers in themselves are GREAT investments in my opinion, especially with how many boys we have in the house! To the heart of the story:

We went to a local Beauty Supply store to try to get better quality than Wal-Mart would carry. The ones with the trimmer included (of a good quality brand) were ON SALE for $71 after tax. I thought, well, I still need to cut Chris' hair this month, then next month when everyone needed haircuts, it would pay for itself. Took them home, but I had this gut feeling so I got on Amazon and looked up clippers. We found the same brand with the trimmer and the attachments we needed (which the other one didn't have!) ON SALE for $38! They were about 50% off! To top it off, I had $7 Swagbucks Amazon GC credit and $5.80 I cashed out of Opinion Outpost to make it less than $26!!! (Remember, Amazon does not do tax and I have Amazon Mom, so shipping is FREE on any prime items!)

Needless to say, we took the other clippers back to the store that day! The savings between the 2 was right at $45! That is a month and a half's worth of internet right there, in cash that we got back from the store. Would this have happened if we didn't have the internet? Nope, absolutely not. You just have to make sure you take the time to look for the deals (and pray hard!).

No comments:

Post a Comment