Monday, January 17, 2011

CVS'ing

CVS is my favorite drug store, so that is where I am going to start :-)

At CVS, you will want to MAKE SURE you go to their cash register if you have not already and apply for an Extra Care card. Then, go to CVS.com and register your card with an email address and they will automatically email you a $4/20 coupon!!!

You cannot get any of their sale prices or EBs without this card! VERY IMPORTANT!
*There is a limit of one card per household, so spouses, children cannot make multiple cards*

I am going to give you an example of 3 recent transactions I did at CVS to help you understand why I LOVE this store!

Bought 4 Excedrins 3 of them at $5.29 each, 1 of them at $4.99.
Total = 20.86
Used (3) FREE coupons requested from coupons.com max. 5.99 - took off $15.87.
Used (1) 3.50/1 Q requested from coupons.com
Total = 1.49

Great, you can do that at ANY store you may say.....well, you can do THAT, but, CVS had a sale that week. If you bought $20 of Excedrin products, you got $10 EB back. EVEN if you only pay $1.49, you still get your $10 EB back!!! The total they base it on is BEFORE Qs.
See, the company gets the money back from the manufacturer when they send in the Qs, the manufacturer has gotten you to try their product, and they hope you will come back for more, and you have gotten a very cheap (free or better!) product, so everyone has won!

So, on that trip, I "made" 8.51 in profit! I love it when a store pays me to shop! :-) 

Another transaction I was able to do was this:
32 load liquid Wisk detergent was on sale for $5 each (normally $8.xx there). If you bought $25 of certain products (Wisk included), you would get $10 back in EB. They also had a MQ in 1/2/11 paper (it was regional and we did NOT get it here) for 2/1 Wisk. I was able to order 5 from The Coupon Clippers.

I bought (5) Wisk @ $5  = $25
Used $4/20 CVS Q from the "Magic Coupon Machine" = $21
Used (5) $2/1 Wisk MQ ($10 total) = $11
Used $10 EB from Excedrin deal = $1 + tax
Then, I got back $10 EB for purchasing $25 worth!
So, for $1 + tax + the $1.25 I paid for the Qs (.25 each), I got 5 detergents!!!

I decided to use the $10 EB then and get some stuff we needed instead of saving it for the next sale. I bought:
1 Gillette Fusion Razor (had a rain check - they never expire and they have this sale about once a month!) for $9.99
1 CVS Thermometer on sale for $5
5 Dawn Detergents with Olay hand renewal .94 each (used rain check)
1 CVS Aluminum Foil for $1.99 (normally 3.99 but CVS brand was BOG1 50% off)
Total was $21.68

Used: $3/10 from the "Magic Coupon Machine"
$4/1 Razor MQ
(5) .50/1 Dawn MQ
$10 EB from Wisk
Total = 2.18 + tax
And, I got back $4 EB from the Gillette Rain Check

So, for $5.92 + tax I was able to get: 
4 boxes of Excedrin 
5 Wisk detergents 
1 Gillete Fusion Proglide Razor 
5 Dawn Detergents 
1 Thermometer  
75 Sq Ft of CVS Aluminum Foil

AND STILL HAVE $4 EB for later!! So, essentially, I spent $1.92 for it all!

This will not happen EVERY week, but CVS has great sales a lot of the time, and you can almost always find something!

A few more notes:
CVS is awesome because they let you stack MQ with SQs!

ALWAYS scan your Extra Care Card at the "Magic Coupon Machine" to see what coupons you get!

If they are out of a sale item, ask for a raincheck! They will make one for you and include the EB part of the sale with it!

They have "Green Bag Tags" you can buy that are located next to their reusable bags. BUY ONE and keep it on your Reusable bag. It can be scanned once each day you make a trip there and after 4 trips you automatically get $1 EB!

To get the BOGO price, you MUST buy 2 items. The first will ring up full price while the 2nd rings up as $0.00.

You can use 2 MQs on BOGO items. You can also use a BOGO Q on a BOGO sale item and get BOTH FOR FREE!! I have done this with Kodak photo books, Cover Girl lipstick and Sobe drinks in the past. I have an email from corporate stating this that I will have to pull out and post. Locally, I have only done this at the Greenwood St CVS and not tried the Sawmill, so I know the Greenwood knows the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment