Thursday, January 20, 2011

Amazon

I'm taking a break from stores, and doing a rundown on an online site - a lot of you have probably been there before, but there are "inside secrets" that can make your shopping MUCH more enjoyable and cheaper!!

First and foremost, ALWAYS CHECK AMAZON before you make a purchase if it's not toooo ugent! I have saved over 50% just by buying from Amazon on almost anything I have bought. I mentioned before the clippers I bought for $25 versus $71 in store. I have also scored diapers - Luvs size 4, 180 count - for $7.50 versus about $35 for Wal-Mart brand of the same amount and size. You just have to wait, watch, and jump on it!

Amazon has a thing called Prime Membership where you can score FREE 2 Day Shipping on any order that is Prime Eligible - most of them are. This cost $79/year, but if you are going to buy a lot, it is WELL WORTH IT!! Shipping can be from about $3-$10 (rough estimate) PER ITEM, not per order.

I have not had to do this yet, because there is also a thing called Amazon Mom that will give you 3 months of Prime membership for FREE!! NO strings attached. At the end of the 3 months, they will send you an email giving you the option to renew it, but if you choose not to, it will AUTOMATICALLY cancel your membership.

For every $25 of baby products you purchase in one order (before coupons or gift cards), you will automatically extend your Amazon Mom membership by 1 month for free :-) I have done this 3 times now on 3 different boxes of diapers ($35 before everything), so now I am up to 6 months. You can do this for up to one year of free membership!

The Subscribe and Save option is also a VERY helpful tool when it comes to saving money. You can choose to have your subscription to an item come every 1 - 6 months. This saves you an extra 15% off of the item. HOWEVER, you DO NOT have to keep the Subscribe and Save membership after placing your order. Amazon even tells you this on their help page. You just have to make sure you cancel it before it renews. I always choose 6 months then when the item is delivered 2 days later, I go in and cancel it. Yes, it can be done multiple times on the same item also.

There are really neat coupons out there for Amazon, usually found in pregnancy or parent magazines. The most popular one is 20% off any diaper item. I have also seen $10 off items from the Baby store. The Great thing is: You can combine these!!!

I'll give you another Amazon deal I've gotten:
Buy (1) box 180 size 4 Luvs diapers on sale for $35 (normally $38.99) ---------automatically renews Amazon Mom membership for 1 month because order PRICE is above $25
Used Amazon Mom discount for 15% off      -$5.25
Used Subscribe and Save option for 15%      -$5.25
Used 20% off Amazon code                          -$7.00
Used $10 Baby code                                     -$10
Total         $7.50 shipped to my door in two days!!!

***You can also use gift card balances earned from Swagbucks (as I mentioned in this post) to pay for it - this was right around Christmas so my balance was nonexistent ;-)

So, now you can see why I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment