Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wal-Mart: Liking it a lot better!

I was once a HUGE fan of Wal-Mart! Then, I learned how to coupon, and Wal-Mart quickly became one of my least favorite places to shop! Ours was just not very coupon friendly. Wal-Mart's advertising would even say, "So cheap, you don't have to use coupons," etc. Now, they're finally jumping on the bandwagon with the other stores, and you can get some good deals there, finally!!

Wal-Mart now has a corporate coupon policy in effect. They have changed it in a good way, and I went to ours last night to check it out (I think I went EVERYWHERE last night!!! lol). You can now use coupons to gain "overage" which is my FAVORITE part of it. I bought:
(5) Purex 3-in-1 Travel size .97 each = 4.85
and various other items.
I used (5) $3/1 Purex coupons which gave me 10.15 in overage to cover my other items!!!!

Some stores do take Register Rewards from Walgreens, but our local one does not,. and in the coupon policy, they do not have to take them since they are not for a specific item :-( But, that's ok.....at least they're doing the others!!

One thing I do encourage you to do is to print out the coupon policy and take it with you!! There are some cashiers or CSMs who may not be clued in to the new policy (or just not like it!) so they may give you a hassle about it. If they do, smile and pull out  your policy and show them, then if they still will not let you use your coupons, ask for a manager. If all else fails, call corporate! - there, in the store, in front of them, and they will do as they are supposed to a lot faster :-) 1-800-925-6278

No comments:

Post a Comment