Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hot Coupon World - Another of my Loves!!!!

It does take a while to learn to navigate the whole site (I still don't know all of it!!!), but this is an amazing investment of your time (but, be cautious - it can become a distraction if you don't monitor yourself!!!).

Hot Coupon World is the couponing forum that I have become most familiar with and used it to trade soooo many coupons!! There are people out there who "dumpster dive" for coupons - go to their local recycling center and pull the coupons out of it each week - or get the leftovers from the gas stations, etc - they only have to turn in the front page for credit!. These people can obtain hundreds of coupons each week of the same item! I, unfortunately, am not one of those people! Our recycling centers consist of closed bins and I haven't found a gas station that sells papers in here around here - only in the boxes.

Anyway, different regions get different values of coupons also, and if there is a specific one you want a lot of, it's a great place to go.

You can trade coupons, some people take paypal for them, some take stamps, some take concealed cash, some even take Box Tops For Education. I am currently sending in 30 BTFE to a lady for (15) $1.50/1 Phili Cooking Creme coupons (I'm going to try to up my freezer meals!!! lol.

This is also where I got all of my $3/1 Gain and $3/1 Purex coupons (both moneymakers!!!) from since I haven't bought a paper in quite a few weeks. I've been trading to get the ones I really need, and it's working quite well for me right now. Btw, if anyone needs dryer sheets, just ask!!!! I'm getting 10 more in this week in a trade :-)

When you do sign up for HCW (totally free forum), get in there and comment on things that interest you - it helps build your post count up and people tend to trust you a little more. Also, if you have feedback at Ebay or Diaper Swappers or another forum, it helps to put that in your signature to show trustworthiness too until you get a higher iTrader rating :-)

Their Couponing Basics section is here, and this is the main forum section. They also urge people to keep back a reasonable amount, but not to do like some of the people they have been showing on the Extreme Couponing shows (I have yet to watch!!!). It's nice to be able to have things on hand to throw someone together a basket when needed, and know that you paid next to nothing for it! But, I also have to watch myself to not get the "hoarder" mentality of "but, I like that smell!!" There will always be another day, another week, another wonderful sale :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment